Hey, we want to share some details with you about the impending release of the new DEPHOSPHORUS album, “Ravenous Solemnity”.
The album will be released next Monday (10th of Feb.) via 7 Degrees Records and Handshake Inc. as a double gatefold LP pressed on 180g heavy wax. It will be also available as a digital download from the Dephosphorus Bandcamp site for a reasonable fee, including as a bonus track our cover to DISCHARGE’s “The Blood Runs Red” (as appeared in “DISCHARGE Hear Nothing See Nothing Say Nothing: The CVLT Nation Sessions”).
You can pre-order using one of the following options:
- via the Dephosphorus Bandcamp site (physical+digital): slightly more expensive but includes an instant lossless download to be redeemed next Monday upon release (and in the meantime you will have download access to album teaser “There Is A Color”).
- from the Dephosphorus/Blastbeat Mailmurder paypal store (physical, includes download code): only the physical version, provides registered shipping options, slightly cheaper but doesn’t include an instant download. A download code is provided within the record though, so you will be able to redeem it upon reception of the physical item.
- by dropping us an email at bodybag666 [at] gmail.com (Greek residents should use that option for cheaper postage rates). Of corpse, you can combine it with items from our distro.
- from our labels 7 Degrees Records and Handshake Inc. Our North American friends should (pre-) order from Handshake Inc. who will provide for the first time proper distribution for us in the continent.
- 180-gram vinyl pressed at 45 R.P.M.
- Sturdy gatefold cover printed on reverse board 3000gsm paper, black inner sleeves.
- Comes in protective plastic overbag.
- Includes download code.
Get in touch with the labels or directly us for presskits and promo matters.
Blastbeat Mailmurder will also distribute wholesale the record, so especially the local distros/stores should get in touch! Selective trades will also be done.
Press release follows below. Thanks for your time!
Bundling all things extreme and heavy into a unique, coherent music style known as astrogrind, and endorsing a cosmic, mind expanding concept with the associated aesthetics, Dephosphorus are a creative force on the edge of the contemporary music scene.
Maintaining since 2011 and the now classic “Axiom” mini-LP high standards and a consistent discographic presence, they have been graced with the enthusiastic support of a cult following comprised of eclectic music lovers from all over the globe.
“Ravenous Solemnity”, the 2nd full-length album succeeding to 2012’s critically and fan acclaimed “Night Sky Transform”, marks a milestone for the band. The addition behind the drum kit of John Votsis, one the most talented and dedicated musicians of the local Greek scene, has been instrumental in making of this dense, 43-minute-long odyssey Dephosphorus’ most intense and majestic effort to date.
Illustrated once again with stunning artwork by analog visionaries and friends Viral Graphics, packaged as a glorious gatefold double LP pressed on 180g heavy wax by the good care of the band’s allies and vinyl specialists 7 Degrees Records in cooperation with Handshake Inc., the latter providing for the first time North American distribution for the band, “Ravenous Solemnity” is destined to be a classic gem in any extreme audiophile’s record collection. A digital version is available for a reasonable fee from the band’s Bandcamp page, while a cassette and possibly a CD edition will follow at some point.
With Dephosphorus’ personnel being split between Greece and Sweden, the band is still not planning any live shows but it remains more dedicated than ever in challenging themselves and the underground audience. A collaborative split-LP effort with excellent Finnish comrades Haapoja approaches completion and will be released later this year.
- 2011: “Axiom” mini-LP @ 7 Degrees Records
- 2012: split-7”EP with WAKE (CA) @ 7 Degrees Records
- 2012: split-7”EP with GREAT FALLS (US) @ Hell Comes Home
- 2012: “Night Sky Transform” LP @ 7 Degrees Records
- 2013: V/A “Monomaniac vol.2/3” @ Blastbeat Mailmurder è contributed exclusive track “Unknown To Thee”
- 2014: V/A “The CVLT Nation Sessions: DISCHARGE’s seminal album Hear Nothing See Nothing Say Nothing” è contributed “The Blood Runs Red”
- 2014: “Ravenous Solemnity” 2xLP @ 7 Degrees Records/Handshake Inc.